growing up, i always loved the “back to school” time of year. it’s a fresh start at the end of the year, a chance to plan and organize and put your best foot forward. my re-energized organizational skills always lasted at least a week or maybe two. what can i say, i’m a slob at heart (the very opposite of my two counterparts). it’s still fun to try!
this year i caught the back to school bug while shopping for my niece’s school supplies (grade 2 and pre-school). i thought it would be a nice break for my sister and a fun box to open for the girls if i did a little target shopping at lunch. i almost didn’t make it back to work that day. getting lost in the wonderful world of crayola, glue sticks, and wide ruled notebooks made me excited for five year old evie.
inspiration for my own fresh start (including boxes to hide all my messes):
- 1 washi tape block [hay] because it is as cute as it is useful
- 2 move over iced lattes, hello hot coffee [west elm]
- 3 if my lunchbox [takenaka] was this cute then leftovers wouldn’t sound so bad
- 4 clips [anthro] to tame the mountains of paper print outs i’m usually buried under
- 5 a sweet little succulent [etsy] that won’t get too thirsty, since i will forget to water it
- 6 a stack of printed boxes [saturday] to stash all that extra stuff
- 7 my new desktop wallpaper [sugar paper] since my computer is my day planner
- 8 if these beauties [hay] were on my desk i wouldn’t let anything else touch them
- 9 lots of meetings call for lots of
notesdoodles [sugar paper]
- 10 imagine the happy ideas you’d write with these pencils [anthro]